Sunday, April 5, 2009




Spring Break

Well, Spring Break started out and continued for the most part with really awful weather (typical for us). But of course that didn't stop Brady from practicing his swing for golfing with a friend the next day. The girls love going out with him and watching until he has hit his little bucketfull into the field. Then they all go out picking them up so they can do it all over again.

Teagan has been asking to do a "slumber party" in the living room for awhile now, so, we figured break would be the perfect time. Yeah, well... Teagan lasted all of 20 minutes, complaining about the hard floor and of course since Kaelsy is "monkey-see-monkey-do", well... she didn't last long either. But since I had promised to sleep with them, we all ended up in our bed, all except Brady who had fallen asleep. Again... how do men do it? Fall asleep anywhere? I am always amazed. Even though we ended up in the nice big bed, a nice sleep did not come for me or Brady actually. While I dealt with whining kids - Teagan was either too cold or too hot and Kaelsy... well lets say that she can not be anywhere near the edge of a bed. She met the floor hard! After that she was glued to my side all night snoring. Go figure. Brady dealt with the little one getting up at least 3 times during the night. I am not sure who got the raw end of the deal that night. I think we tied.


We have had this huge blow-up soccer ball that we bought Teagan when she was one at our local Spring Festival and it has only been taped up once. Kyre now is the third to carry, kick and hit it all over the house. I just love seeing him carry it.

Yes, we got snow and on April Fools Day of all days. The girls were all excited and very stir crazy (we all were due to the lack of sun and nice weather) so I got their boots and gloves out for them and sent them on their way. Teagan then proceeded to start her own little snowmen/snowwomen family. Kaelsy tried but it was all Teagan. She even named them: Daddy, Mommy, Teagan, Kaelsy and Kyre. I didn't bother to ask which one I was.

Kyre loves watching out the front window and loves to be up on the loveseat so he is that much higher. I just love how he leans over trying to follow his sisters or dad walk by.

He still climbs but waits until we are watching. It is a fun game for him for us to "get" him. And yes, I was not thinking getting the Easter stuff out early. Kyre bee-lined it for the eggs and loves to play with them. This next weekend should be interesting. Hopefully the girls (okay, let's be realistic, I mean Kaelsy) will be nice and let him find some eggs of his own in the hunt.

0 comments: